A Modular Approach
24/7 Sobriety Systems LLC makes setting up a 24/7 Sobriety Program easy, with a modular approach and customizable plans to fit a variety of business models, built around the IntoxiTrack data management software.
Starting with step-by-step planning, we can provide a road map for you to:
- Determine the size, scope and goals of your program
- Assess start-up and ongoing costs and determine sources of funding
- Identify and help you mitigate risks and liabilities
- Address and meet the legal requirements of setting up a program
- Determine the testing programs and protocols that will meet your goals and objectives
- Identify strategically-located facilities for testing
- Obtain testing equipment and supplies
- Train personnel that will conduct and supervise testing
- Develop training for other stakeholders to the program who are not employees of the testing facility
- Set up the IntoxiTrack data management software and train you on the use of its components
- Develop policies for dealing with violations
- Set up IT/Communications systems
- Manage media and PR
- Create and implement best practices
- Assist in the development of working documents, policies and templates
Guidance and Support
Our modular approach streamlines the creation of a 24/7 sobriety program, but it is still a significant undertaking. We consult with you from beginning to end so you are able to:
- Build Coalitions and demonstrate the 24/7 sobriety management concept to others
- Anticipate sources of opposition and work through challenges unique to your situation
- Determine the selection criteria for offenders who will be mandated to participate
- Assess, choose, and configure a program that meets the needs of agencies and individuals involved
- Put the program into effect, from planning stages to program launch
Our Sobriety Management Program can be modeled to fit a variety of needs, including:
- Programs for cities
- Programs for counties
- Programs for regions
- Programs for states
- Programs for public or private substance-abuse treatment facilities or programs
Many of the current 24/7 sobriety programs are statewide governmental initiatives. They might be championed at the outset by a judge, attorney general or director of public safety. These individuals often present the concept to other key stakeholders, start the process of coordinating between state agencies with interests in the program, then work towards a legislative initiative to codify the scope of the program, how it is funded, and how it works. Statewide programs often begin with a pilot program in one or more key locations, with full expansion of the program coming later.
The Sobriety Management Program can also be configured for smaller jurisdictions. While much of this website addresses programs as they might be put into place by governmental agencies, we can also develop a business model for public or private treatment centers or other organization working on substance-abuse issues from a medical, psychiatric or public health standpoint (see comments from Director Paul Meason of the South Arkansas Substance Abuse program).
A 24/7 sobriety program might involve a long list of stakeholders (i.e. individuals or agencies with a vested interest in the ongoing activities and results of the program), including:
- Defense Attorneys
- Court Clerks
- Testing Agencies
- Law Enforcement
- Departments of Probation
- Departments of Corrections and Parole
- Departments of Social Services
- Departments of Motor Vehicles (Driver Licensing)
- Public and Private Substance Abuse Treatment Providers
- Auto Insurance Companies
- Those in a supervisory, parental or guardian role to offenders who enter the testing program
- Last but not least is the Participant who has the most to gain from this program
24/7 Sobriety Systems helps you aggregate the interests of all involved and work out systems to accommodate them. We’ll help you:
- Determine the stakeholders for the program you want to set up
- Solicit support from testing agencies, defense bar and judiciary
- Identify liaisons and coordinators from participating agencies
- Draft program rules and memorandum of understanding between agencies
- Design review and sign contract agreements with participating vendors
- Work with public relations and media efforts
Costs and Funding
Communities in America and overseas are facing economic challenges like never before. Budgets are stretched and government agencies are looking for cost-effective ways to meet criminal justice needs while spending less of the taxpayers’ money.
Some of the most appealing aspects of Intoximeter’s 24/7 sobriety program are:
- It works. It’s proven effective at reducing recidivist offenses, making everyone safer, keeping qualified offenders out of jails and prisons, and helping move them towards sober lifestyles.
- It can be designed so that it is self-funding. Offenders pay for the cost of the testing programs, and jurisdictions receive an additional benefit by reducing the cost of putting offenders in already crowded jails and prisons.
- It can be designed so that one or several agencies pay for part or all of the software subscription in one flat rate.
24/7 Sobriety Systems has made 24/7 sobriety programs inexpensive to set up and self-funding in operation. They are less costly to set up because we’ve created standard components that can be configured to fit differing needs. We’ve done this by understanding the basic business models in which sobriety management programs are configured and creating turnkey solutions to meet these needs.
Each program has its own special needs and its own unique set of goals. You may have special concerns that your program needs to address, for example, software customization to address a wider range of criminal offenses, or incorporation of treatment plans for offenders who cannot maintain sobriety. We will work with you to find solutions.
IntoxiTrack supports modular solutions that incorporate a variety of testing types and methodologies for both drugs and alcohol. These include:
- Breath Alcohol Detection: daily or twice a day scheduled alcohol testing
- Random drug testing with integrated call-in hotline for random draws
- Self administered remote breath testing
- Transdermal Alcohol Testing
- Urine Analysis for Drugs and Alcohol Markers
- Saliva Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Sweat Patch Drug Testing
- Participant Test and Payment Compliance
- Supplement to Ignition Interlock enforcement
We will work with you to select to appropriate testing methodologies, set up testing facilities, acquire testing supplies and equipment, and train and supervise testing personnel.
Setting up a testing facility, or multiple testing locations, is not unlike setting up operations for other types of business establishments. We will provide guidance with the process, involving such considerations as:
- Amount of space needed
- Rental costs and agreements
- Internet access and phone services
- Parking and proximity to public transportation
- Compliance with government requirements for ADA access
- Setting up a temporary holding area within the testing facility
- Staffing concerns given the types of testing that the sites are supporting
In some instances, it’s beneficial to co-locate with or near a jail, law-enforcement office or public/private treatment facility. We will work with you to estimate the manpower needed for testing and arresting, and creating policies to work with all types of violations.
Training is an important aspect of the 24/7 sobriety program, because of the number of agencies and individuals involved. A combination of onsite training, training manuals, and online training videos may be used – depending on the needs of the organization or agencies involved.
We provide training that specifically addresses the roles of individuals and how they interact with the system and the software. We will provide training or training materials for :
- Program Director
- Program Administrators
- Testing Site Supervisors
- Testing Technicians
- Enrollers or other agencies
- Supervising Agents
We also help you educate individuals (judges, law enforcement departments, parole/probation departments, etc.) who may not all have hands-on interaction with the software but still need to understand and be able to fulfill their roles within the sobriety management program.
We coordinate with you to make sure the timing of training is optimal based on your system launch date or program roll-out plan.
24/7 Sobriety Systems’ IntoxiTrack web-based program was developed as a reporting system that is open to allowing most commonly used instruments and test kits to be used to collect drug and alcohol test result information.
When you have your facility ready, your personnel trained, your software up and running, your participating agencies ready to fulfill their responsibilities to the program, and have identified those individuals who will begin a program of testing, then it’s time to launch your 24/7 sobriety program and open the doors to the public.
We will help you anticipate as many obstacles as possible, but questions inevitably come up once operations start. We will help you answer or resolve unexpected issues, based on our experience of what has worked elsewhere.
We will also provide instruction on notifying and dealing with the media, an important chance for you to tell the story of your program and let taxpayers know that you are working to provide cost-effective programs that will reap benefits to the community.
If you are in the early stages of exploring this idea, beginning your research and “due-diligence,” we offer a number of resources (resources/promotional materials) on this website to help you understand what is involved and share the merits of the program with others.
If you would like more information on setting up a 24/7 sobriety program for your jurisdiction, start the process by:
- Calling 24/7 Sobriety Solutions LLC at (314) 447-4777 to request information, or
- Email us at email@example.com